About the Cash Hub
Welcome to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement platform for cash-based assistance
What is the Cash Hub?
The Cash Hub, hosted by British Red Cross, aims to accelerate the use and increase the scale-up of cash-based assistance in the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of humanitarian action.
The Cash Hub is supporting a programme of activities, in collaboration with Movement partners, including:
- programme/technical support to Red Cross National Societies’ cash preparedness
- operational support to cash-based assistance programmes
- development of a Cash School and programme of training activities
- creation of an online platform to provide access to information, tools, data, evidence and learning for cash practitioners (cash-hub.org)
- policy, research and advocacy on cash programming
- innovation and use of new technologies for cash delivery
The Cash Hub has resulted in the creation of Cash-Hub.org, an online platform to enable knowledge sharing and information exchange among the network of Red Cross cash practitioners. It provides access to tools, data, programme evidence, learning, case studies, and technical advice.
Management of the Cash Hub
As host, the British Red Cross is responsible for the oversight of the Cash Hub and provides the human resources to enable its day-to-day services. The management of the Cash Hub is integrated into the structures of British Red Cross International Directorate, led by a Programme Director with a dedicated Cash Team.